Good afternoon! Has anyone taken their lunch already? My post will make your mouth water (or I just hope so) 😛
I made a promise to myself that I will do my best to rest on Sunday, a total rest day without thinking of work and I acquire a new hobby and that is cooking.
I will try to cook one special dish on Sunday and you are free to comment, suggest and criticize it. Yes, I accept criticism so you are free to do so 😉
I am not an expert so I am on the process of acquiring a new skill. I think it will be a lot of fun since cooking is not something I do every day.
Yesterday, I cooked “pork adobo”. Adobo is a traditional food here in the Philippines and the trademark dish of Filipinos. It is because it is easy to cook and to prepare. It doesn’t requires a lot of ingredients as well but what you have in the kitchen.
- Soy sauce
- Chop pork in adobo size (medium size). *I chopped mine smaller because I prefer it that way.
- Crushed garlic and cut the 1 piece medium size onion.
- Saute the pork with garlic and onion.
- When it is already brownish, add 1 cup of water and let it boil.
- Add soy sauce and let it simmer
- Add vinegar
- Sprinkled with pepper
- Wait until the pork is tender and the sauce is thick
Voila! My pork adobo!
What do you want me to cook next Sunday? Feel free to request on the comment box!